152 Responses

Page 1 of 2
  1. elbe September 12, 2011 at 9:39 am |

One place I would take you if you came for a day is Nespelem falls in the summer. Its a great place to go and cool off or if your having a bad day to go and relax. Also you can go swimming, fishing, You can even jump through a waterfall. Another place I would take you is to Stampede. It’s a carnival, but you can go swimming when the suicide race isn’t going on. There’s also stick games and powwows. Lastly is the baseball field in Nespelem on the fourth of July because these people make an awesome firework show. It’s even better then the on above the Grand Coulee Dam. We could also light off our own fireworks.

1. Julia September 13, 2011 at 4:58 am |

I think that jumping through a waterfall would be so much fun! I also thinks its really cool that we live in different parts of the country but we can learn about the community where we both live.

2. Holly Mo September 13, 2011 at 5:01 am |

Nespelem falls sounds like a lot of fun, so does Stampede.

3. Julia September 13, 2011 at 5:02 am |

I think jumping through a waterfall would be so cool! I think it’s so cool we can learn about each others community.

1. elbe September 13, 2011 at 9:31 am |

Jumping through a water fall is fun but sometimes it takes a lot of courage to jump through it but I4 made it. Is there anything special or somewhere you think is a lot of fun??

1. Julia September 13, 2011 at 10:03 am |

That sounds really cool! Yes I love going to the beach! Its really cool to swim in the water there and see all the fish! I also love going on the boat because we go really fast. Sometimes we attach a tube to the back of the boat and sit in it and go really fast but sometimes you fall off. Its really fun its called tuning. Have you even been to Florida?

1. Julia September 13, 2011 at 10:11 am |

Do you ski where you live? I have a condo in Colorado and ski there a lot but I wish I could ski in Florida!

2. Brooke September 13, 2011 at 2:34 pm |

I thought it was called tubing, not tuning.

1. Julia September 13, 2011 at 2:46 pm |

sorry elbe i mean tubing in my first paragraph

4. Brandon September 13, 2011 at 4:12 pm |

Nespelem Falls sounds nice!

2. Enmo September 12, 2011 at 9:41 am |

Whats great about where I live is riding bikes down the hill and hitting the jumps we made on the lower road. If someone were to be driving through this area they should visit here in July or on the second weekend in August. In July they could witness the 4th of July celebration. That is where they have a big pow wow and stick game. On the second weekend in August they could go to Omak to watch the Suicide Race. The Suicide Race is where about 20 horses come down a steep hill through the Okanogan River and to the arena. Usually the first one there wins $1,000 and a belt buckle. Go to omakstampede.org for more information.

1. Brooke September 13, 2011 at 2:40 pm |

The race sounds so cool! Have you ever seen it in person? Are there riders on the horses?

2. Courtney M. September 13, 2011 at 4:16 pm |

I would love to visit a real pow wow. I have never seen real one, just reenactments.

3. Matt September 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm |

That race sounds great! Wish I had a $1,000 belt buckle!

3. quill September 12, 2011 at 12:04 pm |

I like where I live because it is closer to my Grandpa’s house. and it is to the refreshing waters of buffalo lake.

1. Brooke September 13, 2011 at 2:36 pm |

Can you swim or fish in the lake? That would be cool!

4. Isabel September 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm |

I live in Florida. Florida is the Sunshine State, so it’s always sunny and gorgeous out. Year round, the sun is shinning, the birds are singing, and from time to time I get a nice breeze from my backyard. My house is at the end of a cul-de-sac, and my front yard has a driveway with a bulky, oak tree. The back of my house looks out to a canal, which leads out to the bay. It has a pool, patio, dock, and a swing set.

Personally, I think that visiting a special spot in my town depends on who you are. Although, one place that I think is great for anyone is Chihuly. Chihuly is a museum where you can see blown out glass. Chihuly is very unique. There are a majority of designs, and they are truly breath taking to see.

One place that I must go in my lifetime is Bulgaria. I recently became obsessed with it last year. I’ve seen amazing photos of Bulgaria, and it looks beautiful. I researched that it is one of the top places to go skiing. Also, Bulgaria has little villages, and I’ve always wanted to visit a village because I’ve never been to one. It sounds like a great place!

1. elbe September 13, 2011 at 9:41 am |

That museum sounds great with all the blow up glass and the different designs. I wonder what kind of techniques the artists use. Do you like to go skiing?? I’ve been skiing before but I am not saying that I am great but at least I am not the worst. We have a skiing place kind of close to us it’s called Loop Loop and you can take lessons or just go and ski. But I’d love to know more about Florida.

5. Holly Mo September 12, 2011 at 2:18 pm |

I love my community because it is so close to the beach, and I love the beach. I like to play volleyball on the beach.

If somebody were to be driving in the area I would advise them to go to the beach because it is so beautiful and it is so much fun to be at and hang out at. I might also take somebody to a Tampa Bay Rays baseball game. Those are a lot of fun to go to and watch. The last place I would recommend would be Busch Gardens, a theme park. It has a lot of fun roller coasters.

It is hard to chose one place in the entire world to live or travel to. I would love to live in Montana again because that is where I was born and I love it there when it snows. Another place I would love to live in is Barcelona I hear it is really pretty there, plus I love soccer, and I love the Spanish language. If I could visit anywhere in the world it would be Bora Bora because it looks so beautiful there, and I would love to go there. I would also like to travel to Barcelona because again I hear it is so pretty, and I love soccer, and I also love the Spanish language.

6. Shelby September 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm |

The thing that is great about my community is that it never snows here. The good thing about that is that I don’t have to have big heavy jackets in my closet. It does get really cold here in the winter though so we get a break from the hotness.

If someone was visiting my area I would tell them they have to go to bush gardens. I would tell them this because bush gardens is the closest thing to Disney World, and I know everyone wants to visit Disney World.

If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Ireland because everyone who visits there says it is very pretty. I would want to touch there grass and smell there air to see how different it is to Florida.

7. Holly Mo September 12, 2011 at 2:23 pm |

I love where I live because I love the beach. It is so pretty, and so much fun to hang out at. I also love the downtown area because it is a great place to walk around and find something to do.

If somebody were to be in the area I would advise them to go to the beach. It is so much fun, and it is also a beautiful place to relax. Another place I might recommend would be a Tampa Bay Rays baseball game. They are a lot of fun to go to and watch. The last place that I would tell somebody to go would be Busch Gardens. It is a theme park with a lot of fun roller coasters, and it is a great place to have some fun with your friends.

If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in Montana, because I was born there, and I love it when it snows. Another place I might chose to live in is Barcelona because I love soccer, the Spanish language, and I hear it is a beautiful place. If I could visit anywhere I would go to Bora Bora because it looks so beautiful, the water looks so pure, and I would love to go there someday.

8. Nicole September 12, 2011 at 3:36 pm |

The thing that is great about my community is that we are surrounded by a beautiful ocean. I love the view of Florida and all the palm trees. It is a great place to live because it never snows so you can play sports year round. Just looking out my view I can see dolphins jumping. The water is perfect for wake boarding and doing all types of water activities.

If someone were to drive into my area, I would definitely recommend going to the beach! The beach is home! I love going there. Every chance I get I go. It never gets old. The sand and the waves tumbling in are amazing. It shows me how lucky I am to live here. Diving into the waves make me feel like a surfer. I could spend my whole day there. Just lounging and hearing the waves is so peaceful. I definitely recommend the beach.

If I could travel anywhere, it would be Hawaii. It sounds just like Florida but better. I wouldn’t want to live there, but I would definitely want to visit. It seems so romantic and fun. During the days I would just hang out and be in paradise. I would enjoy my evenings by going out to eat every night. Water is basically everywhere so you can enjoy your days snorkeling and scuba diving. It sounds like an amazing place to visit!

1. Holly Mo September 13, 2011 at 4:56 am |

Great job, Nicole! I love your first paragraph, that’s one reason I love Florida too!

9. Sophie September 12, 2011 at 3:54 pm |

Something great about living in St. Petersburg is being really close to the ocean. The ocean is pretty much right in front of my house. It creates a cool breeze, and it is fun to go out the boat to do water sports on.

If someone were to be in St. Petersburg, I would definitely take them to the Don CeSar Hotel. It is an amazing and beautiful hotel on the beach. There is so much to do that you never get bored. There are pools, shops, ice cream, the spa, and even a haunted floor (the fourth). The beach is probably the best part though. It looks beautiful at night when the sun sets over the water.

If I could travel anywhere it would be to Greece. I hear it’s really fun and pretty there. I would really want to see the ocean. I have heard it is an amazing shade of blue, and I want to witness it myself!

10. Remy September 12, 2011 at 4:24 pm |

The great thing about my community is that it is always really beautiful outside. I live on the ocean and whenever I look out my window the view is amazing! Florida is a cool place to live in because it’s usually sunny outside and its never cold, so you can enjoy the outdoors during any season!

If someone was driving through my area, then I wouldn’t recommend going to Disney or somewhere like that because it’s not unique or anything. You could do that anywhere. I would suggest going to downtown St. Pete or to a beach. Downtown is one of my favorite places to go. It’s not exactly a city, but it has lots of apartments and cool restaurants on the ocean. Also, Florida has some of the best beaches in America, so you would have to go to one. I like it how you can just watch the ocean and just sit in the sand or just watch everything from a boat. I would definitely recommend going to those places if you’re in our area.

If I had to pick somewhere to travel to it would be Greece! I went to Greece two summers ago. I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not, but I had so much fun! We went sight seeing for a couple days, but then we went to all these really fun islands and spent everyday at the beach! One day, we rented a tiny wooden boat and spent all day going from beach to beach where the water was clearer then drinking water! The best part was that we were the only ones on the beaches. I would love to visit Greece again!

11. Julia September 12, 2011 at 4:58 pm |

1. I think there are so many things that are great about where I live in Florida. One thing is that we live near/on the beach. We always have a way to cool off because its so hot here. It also never snows meaning you can play sports outside year round. Another great thing is that we love to go on the boat in Florida. Going on the boat is one of my favorite things to do. I have two boats and I live on the water so we go out almost everyday.

2. I would say if someone came to where we live they should go to the beach. You haven’t really experienced Florida unless you go to the beach. Its such a pretty place and you came swim and play in the sand. I love the beach. You should also visit the international mall. Its a huge mall with so many great stores. I love it.

3. If I could travel anywhere it would be Hershey park in Pennsylvania. I love chocolate and candy so I think it would be like a fairytale for me. I have also had many friends who go there and say it is fun.

1. Libby September 13, 2011 at 6:03 pm |

I like how you said you’d like to go to Hershey Park! That’s really funny! I wonder if they sell chocolate there!

12. Multy September 12, 2011 at 5:00 pm |

There are a lot of things that are great about my community. One of them is our surroundings. We have plenty of wild life here in Florida, and we do our best to protect it. Also, our community is very active, there are so many places you can go and things you can do. You will almost always see people out jogging and getting exercise, or maybe riding their bike because we have good weather most of the time.

If someone were to visit my area I would take them to Tyrone square mall. I would take them there because it’s really big and they would get a chance to see a bunch of people from this area. They would also get to see some of the fashions here in St. Pete.

If I could travel anywhere I would go to Africa. I would go to visit my mom’s family. They live in Ethiopia in the city Addis Ababa. I was told that everyone is nice and the food is great. I hope I can visit someday.

13. Multy September 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm |

If I could travel anywhere I would go to Africa. I would go to visit my mom’s family. They live in Ethiopia, in the city Addis Ababa. I was told that everyone is nice and the food is great. I hope I can visit someday.

14. Multy September 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm |

There are a lot of great things about my community. One of them is our surroundings. We have plenty of wild life here in Florida, and we do our best to protect it. Also, our community is very active, there are so many places you can go and things you can do. You will almost always see people out jogging and getting exercise, or maybe riding their bike because we have good weather most of the time.

15. Channing September 12, 2011 at 5:34 pm |

Our community is very friendly and clean. When you say hello to someone most of the time they will say hello back or wave. If you walk around you won’t find much trash just laying on the ground. Our community is a safe place to live.

If someone was driving me around I would want to go to beach because I love the sand and the water. I enjoy hanging out with friends, laying in the sun, and just breathing the fresh air. I don’t get to go there very often because my family doesn’t like the sand. Pretty sad since I’m only one minute from the beach.

If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be to Australia. I would want to go to Australia because it’s always been a place I want to visit. I would like to see the Great Barrier Reef and visit a different continent.

1. Shee September 14, 2011 at 1:21 pm |

Thanks for sharing how clean and safe your community is. It must be a good feeling to know your community takes care of itself by keeping the trash picked up.

We also have beaches but they are not one minute away. They are lakes only ten minutes away.

Our community is trying to keep clean. Every spring the officials and many community members of the town gets out and cleans up the streets. Does your town have a Town Clean Up Day?

16. Jack H September 12, 2011 at 5:55 pm |

1. There are so many things that I love about my community. I love how I have lots of beaches to chose from and I live in a safe environment. I also like that I live close to school. I love the beautiful trees around.

2. If someone was to visit my area they should visit is the beach because if you go to Florida it’s a perfect time for that and it would defiantly be refreshing and nice to either be in the water or just relaxing on the sand it is perfect for everyone and the view is pretty nice also.

3. If I could travel or go to any place in the world I would go to Colorado to see snow because I have never seen snow since I was two years old. I also would like to go because I would want to go snowboarding or skiing and go on one of the things that lifts you up to get to the top of the mountain.

17. Taylor September 12, 2011 at 5:58 pm |

Florida is a place where you can go outside and play a sport without having to put on heavy clothes. Florida is a fairly hot place. That is a good and bad thing. The good things about it are that you don’t have to be heavily dressed just to go outside to do something. You don’t have to be concerned about the weather as much. But it does get very very hot and that is a bad thing, especially for sports.

If I were giving a new comer a tour around my area, the first thing I would show him/her would be the beach. I would take them to the beach on the boat or jet-ski. On the way we could tube or wakeboard. I would bring them to the beach because it is a very fun and peaceful place. I love the beach and I go a lot. If someone who has never been to a beach was brought there I would be almost certain they would love it.

If I were to live any where I would have to choose North Carolina. I loved North Carolina. I went there with my dad and my brother once. I love the nature there and the creeks and everything. It was very calming and fun. There were many things to do like bike around hike do repelling. When we were hiking we went to a secret place with like a huge water fall and a bunch of animals and stuff. We got to swim and it was very cold but it felt really good.

18. Channing September 12, 2011 at 6:17 pm |

Our community is very friendly and clean. When you say hello to someone, most of the time they will say hello back or wave. If you walk around you won’t find much trash just lying on the ground. Our community is a safe place to live.

If someone was driving me around I would want to go to the beach because I love the sand and the water. I enjoy hanging out with friends, laying in the sun, and just breathing the fresh air. On weekends they may have kite shows. It’s amazing the different designs that you will see. I don’t get to go there very often because my family doesn’t like the sand. Pretty sad since I’m only one minute from the beach.

If I could travel anywhere in the world it would be to Australia. I would want to go to Australia because it’s always been a place I want to visit. I would like to discover the outback, visit the sandy beaches and snorkel and swim the Great Barrier Reef. The wild life would be so interesting with the different species they have walking their continent. It would be a new adventure with many memories I would keep my entire life.

1. Kaylee September 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm |

One thing that I enjoy about my community is that it makes me feel safe. The people are friendly here in St. Petersburg, and there are a lot of fun things to do. It always seems sunny and warm, and I enjoy listening to the summertime thunderstorms while I sleep. I live in a quiet neighborhood, but it is also close to malls, movies, beaches, and my school. We live on a canal, and often see dophins or manatees. Florida is a great place to live, and I also enjoy being able to swim for several months out of the year.
      If you were to visit here, you should definitely go to Busch Gardens. It has fun roller coasters, and a lot of cool rides. They have animals that are native to Florida, and you can even touch the stingrays and dolphins. You should also visit our beautiful beaches. Our family likes to go to St. Pete beach or Clearwater beach during the summer. The water is so nice and warm, and the beaches are clean.
      If I could visit anywhere, I would like to go to Alaska. It would be interesting to go to a place that is so opposite of where I live. My grandfather took a cruise to Alaska last year, and he said it was amazing. It would be awesome to see the icebergs and the wildlife. I would love to see polar bears in their natural environment. However, I don’t think I would like to live there, because I enjoy the warmer temperatures here in Florida

1. Courtney M. September 13, 2011 at 4:14 pm |

Great job, Kaylee. Nicely written!

19. Kendall September 13, 2011 at 3:01 am |

St. Petersburg is a small community and it has a lot of fun things to do. You could go to the beach. The number one tourist attration. You could also go to the Peer. You can see dolphins and birds. In Tampa, there are two amazing parks. One is called Adventure Island and it is a water park with many slides and activities. The other Park is Bush Gardens. It has huge roller coasters, and amazing rides. The last thing you should do is go to Boing. It is this amazing place where you jump on trampolines. I hope you guys will come to Florida one day.

20. Camille September 13, 2011 at 5:08 am |

St.Petersburg is a great place to live. You are on the water. I always go on my jet-ski. I also go tubing and wakeboarding and it is really fun! What is great about St. Petersburg is that it is near water. There a lot of palm trees. I would want to go to a Rays game. it is so much fun. I would want to live in Hawaii.

21. Brendan September 13, 2011 at 11:59 am |

The community I live is a great place because we can live right next to the ocean. Which allows us to go wakeboarding, kneeboarding and fishing.

If someone was driving around the area I would take them to the beach and take them fishing.

I would live on an Island called Dominica. It is a very scenic place and you can go hiking. You can also go snorkeling and go diving.

22. Jesse September 13, 2011 at 12:06 pm |

Our community is a very friendly and a very cool place to live. I think that it is so cool that we have this opportunity to blog across the Country! I live right on a pond and if I walk across the street I can get to lake Seminole where I can go fishing, tubing, wake boarding, skiing, and knee boarding! I thought that it was really cool to read about some of the places you guys live at and I think that they sound so cool and I would love to experience living in a place like that someday!

23. Jordan J September 13, 2011 at 12:26 pm |

Our community is great. There are many scenic views if you are one of the people that appreciates beautiful surroundings. But if you are one of the people who like the actual activities to do here in St. Pete, there are many of them. There is a lot of water, which obviously has endless possibilities. There are many landmarks that are a blast to visit. I can’t tell you much about the outdoorsy activities because that’s just not me. A lot of places that I like to visit are places like the beach, and most anywhere with a basketball court. Some places that I would recommend visiting are: AirHeads, and Fort DeSoto. AirHeads is a trampoline arena with an arcade, a trampoline basketball competition, and dodgeball tournaments. There is another place just like it called “Boing!” but I have never been there because it is too far from my house. Fort DeSoto is a beach that is a mile or so from my house, and it is beautiful. I live directly across the street from the Gulf of Mexico, which catches the sun perfectly at the right time. If I could visit anywhere I would like to visit anywhere it would be Atlantis. The underwater city not the theme park, although I love the theme park. I think that I would like to do something like that, depending on what goes on in the city.

1. sanric September 14, 2011 at 9:41 am |

that sounds like a nice place to live in because up here we have a lot of communities we like to play activities here to like football,basketball,dodgeball but where you live sounds really fun.

24. Cameron September 13, 2011 at 12:52 pm |

What’s so great about my community? Well first of all everything here is so close here. And it is always sunny so I love the weather. If someone were here for one day I would recommend they go to downtown St. Pete and St. Pete beach because these two places are almost always sunny, they are fun to hangout at, and there are so many things to do in those two places and I would also take them to Busch Gardens. And lastly if there were anywhere I could travel I would travel to Madrid to see FC Real Madrid play FC Barcelona and meet the players of Real Madrid.

25. Raphael September 13, 2011 at 1:02 pm |

There are a lot of great things about our community. We can live next to the ocean so you can fish a lot, you see dolphins,a lot of fishes, and manatees. Also there is a really nice view .

If someone was driving through the area I would take them to Clearwater beach because it is one of the nicest beach I know

If I could travel anywhere I would go to Spain to discover Spanish traditions

26. Kevin R September 13, 2011 at 1:07 pm |

Our community is great. we have nice beaches, beautiful house and great food here in St Petersburg.

I would take someone who was driving through here anywhere i would take them to Tropicana Field, Home of the Tampa Bay Rays

If i could go anywhere it would be Key West for the crystal clear water

1. quill September 15, 2011 at 10:52 am |

Your community sounds fun!
      You want would take someone to Tropicana field? That would be cool, We are about 6 hours away from Safeco field, Home of the Mariners. I have been there once with my cousins and their dad. It was Mariners vs. Red sox. It was my first time a an MLB game.
      What game was your first MLB game you’ve been to, and who did you watch?

27. Neha R. September 13, 2011 at 1:18 pm |

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. It’s a great state and an even better city. I have a great community where I live. I really like hanging out with my friends because they live so nearby. I love the ocean and the beaches that are so near bye. I also love watching the sunrise and sunset in my backyard. My favorite part about my community is that everything is so nearby. We built our house two years ago and I have a huge pool and live on the ocean. We see dolphins all the time! I would never live anywhere else.

If someone were to be driving through my area, I would tell him or her to go to the beach or Adventure Island. I love the beach. It can never get boring! I love playing in the warm sand and the cold ocean water. Adventure Island is also tons of fun. I love water rides! They also have this really cool wave pool that is so much fun!

If I could live or travel anywhere, it would be Croatia! I’ve wanted to go there all my life. I love Oceans and beaches, and in Croatia the water is so pretty. I would want to travel or live there because of its beautiful scenery, I would probably want to live there but I would definitely miss Florida.

1. Sheri Edwards September 14, 2011 at 10:45 am |

Thanks for telling us about Adventure Island. It was a good description because it sounds just like our Silverwood, which is about four hours away in Idaho. Silverwood is a themepark/waterpark with a wavepool, kids area, lots of thrilling rollercoasters, and magic shows.

We also have warm sand and cold water but they are lake sand and water. The Pacific Ocean is about six hours away.

We do not see dolphins dancing on their tails but we do see the musky moose lurking in the pond.

Do you have moose in your area?

2. Neha R. September 14, 2011 at 12:09 pm |

Wow! Thats really cool, Mrs. Edwards. No, we do not have any moose in Florida, wish we did!

28. Kyle September 13, 2011 at 1:53 pm |

Florida is a great place to live even though it gets a little hot sometimes. What’s great about our commounity though is all the water. I live on the water so I go swimming, fishing, diving, and tubing all the time. I love to drive the boat around on the water. The sunset are amazing and you can see the storms rolling in from the Gulf of Mexico. I love my house and don’t want to move any time soon!
    There are a lot of fun places to go in the city of St. Petersburg. I love baseball so a Tampa Bay Rays game would be fun. I also have the luck of being close to the beach. The beach would be fun especially if you are not from Florida. One last place that would be fun is Busch Gardens. They have really big rollercoasters and I always have fun.
    If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Australia. I would live right on the coast of The Great Barrier Reef and go snorkling and diving all the time. It would also be fun to live in the snow, too. Somewhere like Colorado or Utah would be a fun change to my usuall 95 degree afternooon day in Florida.

29. Henry September 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm |

There are many different and interesting things that make my community great. Firstly, some of my friends and I live close together, so I can just bike over and see them. Also, my community is very relaxed and spread out, which is an added bonus in a city like St. Petersburg. In addition to the close proximity of everything, there are some great beaches that are quite nice to visit. Also, downtown St. Petersburg is a cool place to spend an afternoon. Overall, St. Petersburg is great, and is the best place that I have lived so far.

If you were visiting the area for a day, there are many great places to visit. Firstly, you would have to go to the beach, for that is always a great experience and very fun. Also, you would have to walk into downtown St. Pete if you wanted to go get something to eat or just relax. Then, you would have to go to Tropicana Field to see the Rays play. That is always a good experience because there is almost no one there, and it’s also a great place to watch a baseball game. Finally, you would have to go out onto Tampa Bay. It’s really fun if you want to waterski or wakeboard. Those are just some of the highlights of my area.

If I were to choose where to live, I think that I would live in London, England. I think that it would be an interesting place to live because it is one of the most historical and interesting cities in Europe, but is also a modern metropolis. I miss living in a big city, and I think that London would be the perfect place for me. You can walk or take public transportation anywhere, which is a plus. Also, there is just so much history in London, which I like because my favorite subject is history. Also, it’s modern, which is always nice, but one of the other things that I like is that London has such a mesh of cultures that it would be quite enlightening and eye-opening. That is why I would chose London as my place to live.

30. Taimur September 13, 2011 at 2:19 pm |

There are many things great about my community. One thing is that we have a beautiful lake view from our back balcony. Another thing is that across from my house, there is a great park filled with much wildlife and plants. One last thing is that we have many things near us such as restaurants, grocery stores, and shopping centers.

If someone were driving through my area, there would be a lot of place they could definitely visit. One place I would tell them would be the P.I.E.R. it has a great view of the water and even an aquarium. I would also tell them to visit the Amish Creamery in Madeira Beach. There, they have great Amish, homemade, organic ice-cream and many other Amish goods. One last place I would tell someone to visit would be Lake Seminole Park. There is a great display of wildlife and nature there, and there are also playgrounds and a baseball field for things like baseball and cricket.

If I could live anywhere I wanted I would live in Pakistan. I would because my family is all from there. Also they all play cricket there, and I could get my cricket career started there.

31. Katherine September 13, 2011 at 2:51 pm |

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. It is new for me because I am new to Florida. What I think so far is great about my community is probably how close the beaches are. I having the water a few steps from the lanai area.

If someone was driving around St. Pete I would definitely tell them to go to the downtown area looking out at the pier. It is so beautiful. There is a lot of shops and stuff to do there. Busch Gardens is also a lot of fun and there is a new ride called Cheetah Hunt.

If I could live or travel anywhere it would be Italy. I have heard that sometimes instead of driving in cars there are canals through the cities and you ride a boat almost everywhere. It is also a beautiful place.

32. Olivia D September 13, 2011 at 2:57 pm |

I live in St. Petersburg, Florida. Which I think is a beautiful and fun place to live. From the beaches to shops, everywhere you go is awesome! I live in a great neighborhood with very nice neighbors. My back yard looks out to a bay and across the bay is a cute little playground. The bay then leaves out to the ocean. I love to watch the sun rise and set in my backyard.
    If someone were new in St. Petersburg I would point him or her towards Downtown St. Pete. Downtown St. Pete is a great place to visit. With all the cute little shops, museums, and the Pier you will never be board. Also, I would show them to the beach. The beach is a great place to go swimming, meet up with friends, and have fun!
    If I could go anywhere in the world I would go to Costa Rica because of how pretty the scene. Also I always wanted to surf such big waves.

33. Chris September 13, 2011 at 3:14 pm |

1. The best thing about the Tampa Bay area is probably the availability to the beach. There is a coastline hundreds of miles long within a half hour of my house, with beautiful white sand and blue water. I also enjoy the quality of our sports teams, like the Rays, Lightning, and Buccaneers. The weather is almost always nice here, too, except during a hurricane.

2. Again, I believe that the beach is our greatest attribute here in St. Pete. Therefore, I would recommend visiting the beach to anyone driving through town. I feel as though you cannot go wrong with a day in the water getting some sun.

3. If I could live anywhere, I believe it would be Nashville, Tennessee. It is the home of country music, my favorite genre. Also, it is a very nice city with a ton of cool buildings. It seems like a really great place to me.

34. Isabella September 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm |

One of the many great things about my community is the weather. Although the temperature can get extremely hot, I prefer our climate versus a colder climate.
    Our community also offers beautiful, white sandy beaches and a wide variety of parks.
    If someone were driving through my area, they might like to visit The Pier which includes an acquarium, restaurants, giftshops and feeding the seagulls. They should also visit The Dali Museum as Salvador Dali was one of the most famous artist of all-time.
    I would love to travel to Tahiti to enjoy their amazingly beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters.

1. kimy71 September 15, 2011 at 10:53 am |

Your area sounds great with the hot weather.The beach sounds like it would be fun.
      If someone were to be driving through the are that I live in, they should visit the community center. It has a basketball court , exercising room , and sitting area.I would travel to Missoula, Montana. I can see the big sky, it can be warm, and it can be cold. Your area sounds great too.
      Were I live it has a lot of lakes around us, and it has a lot of trees.

35. Laura September 13, 2011 at 3:16 pm |

My community is beautiful! We have lots of cool birds, butterflies, snakes, ECT. If you were to come to St. Petersburg, FL, I would recommend staying at the Vinoy. It is a hotel that has a big pool with a waterfall and a hot tub. They also have tennis courts, a tennis shop, a game room, a restaurant, an exercise room, and a spa.
    If you were just passing through for a day then you would probably want to go to Busch Gardens, unless you are scared of roller coasters. Busch Gardens is an adventure park with lots of fun roller coasters, a jungle gym, a water park, and games.If I could live anywhere I would live in Montana. I would live here because there is beautiful wildlife and scenery and there are fun activities to do.

36. Shahana September 13, 2011 at 3:17 pm |

The great thing about m community is that it never gets cold. So, it’s great to do any sport. It does get cold here in the winter, but it’s great to get away from the blazing sun. Also, in St. Petersburg, its very safe. The people here are very friendly and nice.

If someone was driving through my area for a day, they should totally visit the beach. The beach is great to relax and have a good time. They should also check out Busch Gardens. It’s really fun, they have roller coasters and a lot of other fun things.

If I could travel anywhere it would be Russia. I have never been there, but I think it’s so pretty. I would totally live there. I started my Russia obsession ever since this summer and I think it’s amazing! It has so much history and culture. I also can speak fluent Russian!

37. Brooke September 13, 2011 at 3:31 pm |

1.I love the place that I live because it’s right across the street from St.Pete Beach. Sometimes when my friends come over, we’re allowed to walk to the beach by ourselves.
    2. If someone were to come here, they should definitely go to the beach and the Don Ce Sar. The Don Ce Sar is a hotel that has everything. It has two (three?) swimming pools, a hot tub, a spa, a gym, the beach, and, my favorite, an ice cream shop. Also, if they were in Pass-A-Grille, a beachy area of St. Pete Beach, I would tell them to go to the tiny museum we have here. They have a working typewriter that you can use for free.
    3. I would really like to go to where your school is. From all the posts, it sounds like a really cool area. It also sounds like there are a lot of events and different holiday traditions, like on the fourth of July.

1. Brooke September 13, 2011 at 3:35 pm |

I know, a typewriter might be old and boring for adults, but it’s old and interesting to me.

38. Will September 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm |

I love Florida because it never gets cold. In the summer it gets really hot, but we manage. I enjoy being close to the beach because it’s a great place to just chill out sometimes. There’s also a good breeze in most places because St. Petersburg is so close to the Gulf of Mexico.

The first place I would go in my community would be one of the golf courses. Since we get fair amounts of rain and sunshine, the courses are in really good shape. This makes go.f a much more fun game to play. No body else might say this because very few people play golf, but I love playing golf in Florida.

If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Italy. My family is from Italy and I would love to catch up on my heritage. I have been to Italy in the past, but I went six years ago. I would like to go again so that I can remember as much as possible.

39. Zoe September 13, 2011 at 3:50 pm |

Florida has such wonderful weather. It is always bright and shiny. Florida is also great because it has a lot of beaches where you can hang out with your friends.

If you ever get the chance to come to Florida, you should definitely see one of our theme parks. We’ve got Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, and my personal favorite Disney World. Disney World is so much fun. You get to spend time with your favorite Disney characters and go on rides! And if you don’t like theme parks, then you should go to one of our beaches or even a marshland like the Everglades.

If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be China. I would want to go there because I was born there but have no memory of it. I think it would be cool to see what life might have been like if I lived in China.

40. Max September 13, 2011 at 3:55 pm |

One great thing about my community is all the water surrounding us. It so much fun to swim in it, go boating, tubing, and kayaking. My favorite thing to do in our water is go tubing. It so cool to be going so fast on such a small thing and my favorite part is when you flip over or fall off.

If someone were to drive through St. Pete, I would take them to Downtown. It’s a lot of fun to walk around downtown. There are a lot of good restaurants and some really good ice cream shops. Also downtown, there are the really cool museums like the Dali and the Chihuly museums.

If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go to Italy. First, I would go there form the pizza and pasta. Those are my two favorite foods! Also, I would go there to see the coast and al the towns right on the edges of cliffs. It looks so cool.

41. Skyler September 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm |

I love it living here in Florida. There is so much to do here. Where I live, I am about 20 minutes from St. Pete beach. If I could recommend places to go here it would probably be one downtown and St. Pete Beach. Downtown is really awesome. It is rich in history with old parks and with a old, but modern hotel the Vinoy. St. Petersburg is also a really cool little city. We have about ten awesome buildings here. One of the coolest streets in town is 400 Beach Drive. This road will take you anywhere downtown. We also have our ow little airport here called Albert-Whitted Airport. We also have our own pier that is really fun to go to. If you like baseball, come and check out a Rays game! The stadium downtown! Most people don’t know about this but there’s a really cool glass blowing museum downtown. You get to make your own glass! I did it and it was really fun. Now like I said, St. Pete Beach and that area is awesome. It is really fun there is so much to do. You can go to the Don Ce Sar which is a really nice hotel or whatever you want you’re at the beach. If I could live in one place I would live in Manhattan (New York City). I would love buildings and everything to do there.

42. Brandon September 13, 2011 at 4:10 pm |

My neighborhood is quiet and on the water. It is fun to go boating and swimming. My favorite thing is the go Boating around to sandbars and island for a day.
    If someone was driving through St. Pete they should definitely check out Bush Gardens, The Pier, and Albert Witted Airport for some food at The Hangar. You should visit these places because they have cool things to do and The Pier has very good fishing with a bait shop right there.
    If i could go to a place it would definitely be Vancouver, Canada because I want to see the Winter Olympics buildings. Also because I have only been to Canada once at Niagara Falls and I want to see the other side of Canada.

1. enmo61 September 14, 2011 at 9:36 am |

I like how you put all this detail in your paragraph. This made me think of the time i went to Vancouver, and Victoria Canada. I and a few other kids from here went on Summer Tour a couple of years ago. Summer Tour is where a group of kids raise money through out the school year. Do you have a Summer Tour??

43. Courtney M. September 13, 2011 at 4:13 pm |

Florida is known as the sunshine state. I love living here in my community because it is so sunny and hot. Something that I love about the community that I live in is that my friends are only a short bike ride away, I have all the things that I need in my neighborhood shopping center, and I live literally two minutes away from school. I also love that I live near a public pool and have a pool in my backyard so I can swim any time I feel like it.

If someone were driving through St. Petersburg, FL for a day, then they should definitely visit our wonderful beaches. We have so many beaches here and they are all so wonderful. One of my favorite beaches is Clearwater beach because it is home to one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world, Frenchy’s Rockaway Grill. It is right on the beach and they serve the best burgers and seafood that I have ever tasted! St. Pete beach is also nice, too.

If I could live anywhere, I think that I would live in Knoxville, Tennessee. I love the weather there and a lot of my family is from there so we visit there a lot. I like riding horses there and walking my cousin’s dogs, they are so sweet. I also would like to live there because the weather is colder and there are mountains to ski on when and if it gets cold enough. I have only ever been to Knoxville and Memphis, Tennessee, but I hope to travel around some more in that area of the U.S.

44. Kofi September 13, 2011 at 4:15 pm |

I live in St. Petersburg Florida and the some of the great thing about our community is that our weather is always hot, most of us live very close to Tropicana field and we don’t live that far from Raymond James stadium. One of favorite places to go is Airheads. Airheads is a big gym that has trampolines all around and you just jump, but sometimes we play dodge ball there. I also like to go to the beach some times. There is this park Bush gardens and at bush gardens you can rid roller coasters and watch shows.

If someone was touring my area for one day would I would first take them to Skyway Jack’s for breakfast because they make really good food. Then I would take them to airheads for about two hours because it so much fun. Then I’d take them to a Rays game and finally to Clearwater beach there we would have dinner at Frenchy’s.

If I could travel any were imagined I would travel to Lorien. Lorien is the home planet of the Garde in this book I read called The Power of Six. I would travel to Lorien because in the description they gave me it sounds really nice also because all the people there have super powers.

45. Shahana September 13, 2011 at 4:27 pm |

The great thing about my community is that it’s always sunny so you can do really any sport outside. The people are very nice and the area is very safe. It barely gets cold, but when it does it’s really cold. It’s good to get away from the blazing sun.

If someone were visiting for a day, then they should definitely visit the beach or Busch Gardens. The beach is awesome! It’s really nice and and peaceful. It’s great to relax on the beach. Busch Gardens is amazing! There is a lot of roller coasters and you can touch stingrays and dolphins.

If I could live anywhere, it’d be either Russia or Tennessee. I started my Russia obsession this summer and I think it’s amazing! Russia is very pretty and living there would be great! There is so much history and culture everywhere. I love everything that is Russia related! I also can speak fluent Russian. I totally love Tennessee! It’s so amazing! I think it’s so much fun! I would like to live in Nashville. The first time I’ve been to Tennessee, it was awesome! We went on this lift thing, and we saw the whole city at night! It was kind of scary because you were really high off the ground, but it was worth it! We went river rafting, which was fun but a total disaster. My mom kept screaming every two seconds, which made no sense because there was no reason to scream!

46. acobb7 September 13, 2011 at 4:40 pm |

One of the great things about where I live is that I teach at Shorecrest Preparatory School, and I love what I do. I am very proud of my students! They make me smile everyday.

47. Naomi September 13, 2011 at 4:44 pm |

There are a lot of great things about St. Pete, Florida. One is the heat. It’s nice because in the winter, it is cool but not cold. In the summer, it is REALLY hot, but then you can go swimming a lot and go to the many beaches. I also like how most things are close to where I live, including my friends. St. Pete is very pretty near the water, and I love that.

If someone were traveling through St. Pete, I would suggest they go to Beach Drive and Northshore park to walk along the water and shop and eat. I would also suggest going to Tampa to shop or go to Busch Gardens or Adventure Islands, the amusement parks.

If I could travel anywhere in the world, it would have to be Hawaii. It sounds so beautiful and tropical. I would love to see the blue water because the water in our beaches isn’t that clear. I would also like to see the sites like volcanoes or go snorkeling.

48. Matt September 13, 2011 at 5:01 pm |

My community is great because of a few things. Every where you go there is a park to play frisbee, have a picnic, or sit under a shady tree on a hot day. There are also many libraries. I love to read so this is a big bonus for me. The people in my community are great too. My neighbors are very nice. One lady even bakes us cakes and cupcakes on our birthdays. To me that is a perfect community.

If someone were driving through my area they should definitely come on a road trip with me. We would go to all the best places. I would take them to Yogurtology, which is this awesome frozen yogurt place right by Shorecrest. I would also show them what a beautiful place Shorecrest is. The last place I would take them would be Busch Gardens. It’s a blast! There are rollercoasters, carnival type games, food, and a ton of animals. It doesn’t get better than that.

I don’t know exactly where I would want to live. Probably in New Jersey so I could visit my family all the time and go to the boardwalk and the beach at the Jersey Shore. I might even live in Florence, Italy. I love Italy, although I’ve never been. From what I’ve heard and seen on tv and in pictures, it’s my type of paradise. Also my favorite television show traveled to Italy, which makes me want to go there even more. If I had to choose between the two, I would pick New Jersey because I hate the heat of Florida and I would love to live by my family.

49. Sam September 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm |

What’s so great about where I live is that I live on the water. I can go fishing and boating whenever
    I want. I also live in a good neighborhood and there are three nice parks right near my house.
    If someone were boating near my house I would probably take them to Egmont Key. It has amazing wildlife and great fishing and it’s got an old semi sunken fort that is a partial coral reef. It is probably the best fishing place in the area. The water there is also very clear on calm cool days. It’s my favorite place to swim.
    If I could live anywhere I would probably live in Highlands, North Carolina. I went there twice
    because my dad had a client that let us stay in her house. It was amazing Highlands is a little
    old fashion town that is in the mountains with every little type of store you could think of. Right outside of town there’s amazing forests
    it’s every outdoors man’s dream and it’s amazing.

50. Aram September 13, 2011 at 5:18 pm |

My community is great because you can trust everyone is trustworthy, and you can leave your stuff outside and nobody will see it, and also the beach is extremely close to my house/community, so you can walk to the beach in less than five minutes. Also every year we have a barbecue. If somebody was visiting my part of Florida, first
    I would probably bring them to the beach for a little bit, and then I would bring them to a place called boing. Boing is a place where there are a ton of giant trampolines on the ground and you can either just jump around, or do flips, play boing basketball, or you can play dodgeball. It is also a very good way to work out and get some exercise.
    If I could go anywhere in the world, I would go the north shore of Hawaii. I would go there because, one, I LOVE to surf, two its a really layed back place, and three, the environment is really beautiful there. You can go walk up to volcanoes, walk on the beach, or do anything, but bottom line, the north shore is flat out awesome

Skip to toolbar