152 Responses

Page 2 of 2
  1. Parker September 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm |

The reasons I believe my community (Gulfport) is because there are so many different kinds of wildlife here. Even when I drive to school in the morning I can see ducks, lizards, fish, and even the occasional dolphin. Also the call of the seagulls always calms m down when listening to them.
    If someone where to come to Gulfport the one place that I would take them is St. Pete Beach. This beach has the whitest sand that your feet could ever walk upon. t feels like your walking on a giant memory foam pillow. When the sunsets this beach also has the best view in town. The sight of the Sun slowly melting into the horizon is my favorite time of day.
    If I could travel anywhere I would want to travel to Europe. Most of my ancestors immigrated from somewhere in France, Germany, or even Russia. I would like to follow my heritage back to see where I really come from, and where my ancestors spent their days as kids

2. Jimmy September 13, 2011 at 5:28 pm |

What’s so cool about my community is that there are many beautiful oceans, rivers, lakes and beaches that surround you. If you are a summer person then this is the perfect place to go because you can just relax and tan along the shore, or you can go into the water and surf or go scalloping. There are also lakes and rivers that come from springs, which are always fun to visit. You can rent and sail boats to get wherever you want to go. What’s even better is that there is so much history about the Native Americans and underground spring networks found simply in Florida.

If I were able to take someone anywhere in Florida for one day, it would be to go out on the high seas to go snorkeling in springs and to look for scallops while it’s still scalloping season. Then later, we can go to the beach because there is always something to do at the beach. You can also go to a museum about the artifacts found in Florida, which reveal clues about Native Floridian culture. It’s hard to fit all of this in a day, but I recommend doing these activities if you ever go to Florida.

If were able to go anywhere in the world, it would be Colorado before summer because I like to snowboard when I ever get the chance. Where I live currently is probably opposite, but I don’t just visit oceans and beaches. I have been snowboarding before and I still enjoy it. I would like to snowboard in Colorado because the part of the Rocky Mountains is in Colorado. I love Florida, but sometimes I need a break, and Colorado is the place I would want to go if I had the option.

3. Libby September 13, 2011 at 5:59 pm |

My community. The definition of community is all the people living in a particular place or area. So really my community isn’t just Florida, it’s the people who live in Florida. One thing that I love about where I live is that it’s a friendly place. Everybody is just nice. In St. Petersburg, FL it’s like a miniature city, that also feels personalized. There aren’t skyscrapers everywhere, but there are still some high rises. It’s not over crowded, but you still have a hard time finding a parking space. It gives you that, “Friendly City” feel. I love it, because it’s a smallish town, but people still know each other. It’s such a small world. I also like how even though there are many new homes, I live in a neighborhood where there are many, many old houses where the insides are new. It’s good to still see some old charm in a modern world.

If a family stumbled into town, their number one destination should be our beach. Florida, it’s known for it’s beaches. The beach is so much fun! Even though I don’t live on the Atlantic Coast, that’s the side of Florida to go to for the beach, because that’s where you can catch some amazing waves. On a good day, every now and then, you can get a good wave to jump, and it’s fun and all, but out of experience, the Atlantic Coast is better.

My dream place to live is Denver, Colorado. I am so quite sure why, but the fall and the winters sound so beautiful, and the spring and the summers sound so pleasant. I think I’ve always wanted to visit there, because you get the best of both worlds (I know it’s corny, but it works) in the fall, you get to see the trees changing, in the winter it snows, in the spring flowers grow, and the summer the sun shines down below. I have just always imagined a large family living happily in a setting like this.

1. Sheri Edwards September 14, 2011 at 9:09 am |

Thank you for writing so much information in each paragraph answer. I learned so much about your community. In our community, it’s a small world too because everybody knows each other here too. We have beaches close to us that are on lakes, but seven hours away we have the Pacific Ocean. It’s a long drive, but it’s worth walking in the waves and visiting the squids and starfish in the aquariums. We have flat land and dry grass, and no tall buildings. The only the tall thing we have is Moses Mountain. We have many fires each year. The fires are good in some ways because they kills the dry grass, brings new grass for the animals, and adds nutrients to the soil. Do you think you would like Washington? We have four seasons and an ocean, too. You might like to see Grand Coulee Dam, especially when the water flows.

2. Charlotte September 14, 2011 at 3:32 pm |

I like those kinds of places too Libby. Were the seasons are all beautiful.

4. Brent September 13, 2011 at 6:15 pm |

1. I think it’s great to live on the water in Tampa Bay. The water is a beautiful blue on a sunny day. You can also go fishing every now and then. I get a great view out of the windows of my house.

2. If you could drive anywhere in our city I would drive to Tropicana Field. It is a big dome home of The Tampa Bay Rays. It is the best sight in Tampa Bay to me. Also, because I’m a big baseball fan.

3. I would live across the street from Universal Studios Theme Park in Orlando. I love rollarcoasters. The scarier the better. Every time I go to Universal Studios you will always see a smile on my face.

5. rojo61 September 14, 2011 at 9:22 am |

Hey me too I love rollarcoasters and I can relate to that I can go to a theme park called Silverwood it has 67 rides and a water park in it. I’m a big basketball fan. I like the Lakers I’m wondering where is Tampa Bay?

1. Jimmy Brigantine September 21, 2011 at 9:42 am |

Me too. My favorite amusement park is Six Flags Great Adventure. My favorite ride is Kingda Ka which is the tallest roller coaster in the world.

6. sekin61 September 14, 2011 at 9:24 am |

I like roller coasters too. The closest to us is in Idaho and its called Silverwood. I’m not a big baseball fan but I like sports .I’m a big football fan and basketball fan and my teams are Falcons and Lakers.Do you got a football team or basketball team?

7. sekin61 September 14, 2011 at 9:39 am |

I like knee boarding too. Its fun when you wipeout. I live about 4 miles from a lake.We got a lot of gangs but its still a good place theirs a lot of good people.where you live is it big ther small like are town?

8. rojo61 September 14, 2011 at 9:40 am |

Yea im a summer person I would totally want to go there i sounds like my kind of place beaches summer fun.At my school we can sign up where you can go snow boarding on weekends.What is it like living in Florida do you go to the beach every day?

9. Collin September 14, 2011 at 11:00 am |

My community is fantastic because I can go to the beach and still have the urban city nearby. We can have perfect, clear oceans as well as a fantastic city to live in.
    If a family were to be driving through town I would show them the Salvador Dali museum. It is an interesting museum in town with interesting architecture. There are many nice paintings in the Dali museum. There is also a nice cafe with very good food.
    If I could live anywhere in the world, I would live in Busch Gardens. It is a very nice amusement park with very fun roller coasters. I would always be happy.

1. may81 September 14, 2011 at 1:37 pm |

That sounds fun living in a fantastic city and having clear water for the ocean. What kind of food is there at the nice cafe. I would be happy to if they had fun roller coasters. I am a summer person to but sometimes I don’t like to be outside because I’m really dark I am the darkest one in my class. So I don’t know if I’d like to be a summer person any more because I don’t want to be any more darker than I am now so I think I should be a spring person.

10. Josh C September 14, 2011 at 11:34 am |

One good thing about the Tampa bay area is all of the water. You can look any direction and there will be water. You can go to the pier or the skyway and go fishing. I also like here because there is a lot to do you can go to the beach, indoor fun canters, sports, facility’s, and downtown you can walk around and hang out and look at all of the cool boats.
    If you were driving around our area I would recommend going to a ray’s game because, they are so much fun. I would also recommend going fishing at the skyway you can catch so many things and it’s a blast! You can also go to bush gardens. If you like roller coasters that is the place to go, there is arcade games, roller coasters, waterslides, and attractions it is very fun!
    If I could travel anywhere in the world I would go to California. I would go to California because they have nice waves and I like to surf. There is a lot to do and they have a lot of good restaurants and I like to eat food.

11. Thomas September 14, 2011 at 12:41 pm |

1. What I like about my community is that I’m used to it and it might be hot here but I like the beaches, the people, and St.Pete.

2. Usually I would go to the great beaches but I’d go to the Trade Winds which is fun because there are boats, ping pong, putt putt, a HUGE water slide, a great beach, and pools. It’s a great way to take a trip not far from the area.

3. If I could go anywhere in the world it would be Hawaii. I choose Hawaii because the beaches and waves are amazing, and there are many activities like going tubing down rivers and sight seeing. Hawaii would be a very fun place to visit.

1. rees81 September 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm |

I like that you live in St.Pete and you love the beaches.

12. Courtney C. September 14, 2011 at 1:05 pm |

St. Petersburg, FL is a great place to live! It is surrounded by both the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay. We have some of the most beautiful beaches in the country, world class museums and luxury hotels, a great Major League Baseball Team, and of course, one of the best private schools in the state, Shorecrest! There are many beautiful parks and historic sites. We have quaint, brick-lined streets and neighborhoods, as well as high rise condominiums. There is something for everyone here in St. Pete!

If someone were to be driving through St. Petersburg for one day, they would definitely need to go to the St. Pete Pier! It is right on Tampa Bay, with a fantastic view of the water. You can see Tampa to the North, and the Sunshine Skyway Bridge to the South. Also, you can see beautiful downtown St. Petersburg. The Pier is a place for the young and old. There are great restaurants, including the World Famous Columbia Restaurant, and old fashioned ice cream parlors. There are many cute shops, and there is an aquarium. You can rent bikes and bike along Tampa Bay. Or, you can take the Dolphin Boat and have dolphins swim right alongside the boat! There is also a little beach next to the Pier! The Pier is a great place to visit, and I would definitely recommend going to it!

If I could live or travel anywhere, it would be Australia. I have never been there, so it would be very exciting to visit! From all of the pictures I have seen of Australia, it looks absolutely beautiful! I love the water and I love to swim, so I would definitely visit the Great Barrier Reef. There are also many other places I would like to visit in Australia, such as the Sydney Opera House, Ayers Rock, the cave paintings at Kakadu National Park, and Melbourne, with all of the cute restaurants, shops, and beautiful sights. My cousin is a sophomore in college and she is studying in Australia for the entire first semester! I will definitely have her send me some postcards and pictures. Australia sounds like a magical place to visit!

1. run81 September 14, 2011 at 1:37 pm |

Thank you for telling where one of the greatest places to live is St. Petersburg FL. where I live has 1 good pleace is the rest stop.

2. SammyW September 15, 2011 at 11:23 am |

Although the Opera house is awesome, Sydney is kind of a dirty place. The weather is nice (most of the time) but the streets are dirty, and they are filled with speeding reckless drivers. The air isn’t so clean, but the city along the waterfront is beautiful, and the waters are deep, clear and blue. I missed the Barrier Reef because AUS is in the southern hemisphere so it was winter there, so the water was like 40 degrees, much to cold for snorkeling and scuba diving. Wollongong is a beach city about two hours away from Sydney, and its just an awesome place. There’s lots of fun rock climbing, tide pools, beaches, AWESOME waves, and pretty good fishing, and lots of cool shells, sea glass, drift wood, and even solidified lightning, which is lightning that hits the sand, melts it, than it slowly dries. Overall Australia is AWESOME!

13. Neha R. September 14, 2011 at 1:07 pm |

That is really cool, Elbie! Jumping through a waterfall sounds like so much fun although I’d probably be way to scared to jump through one!

1. GeorgiaHDS September 15, 2011 at 1:38 am |

hey, My name is Georgia and I go to Humphry Davy.. I am just writing to say that I quiet like the sound of where you live, and it sound like you have lots of fun things to do in your spare time.. :} and Jumping through a waterfall sound pretty scary, we go jumping at like the peir or Harbour steps and places like that… :} :} :}

14. Sara September 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm |

I think that some of the best things about St.Petersburg are that it has areas that feel like small towns, where you can walk everywhere, and areas that feel like big cities, with a lot of large buildings. Also, there are many great beaches.

Visitors should definitely go to St.Pete Beach. It is a nice beach, and there are great restaurants and shops. There are also a lot of art museums that are worth a trip.

If I could live anywhere, it would be Ashland, Oregon, because it is a small town and it gets snow in the winter, unlike Florida. Also I have two good friends that live in Ashland.

15. alka, tish, and aly September 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm |

That is cool that you live close to the beach. We don’t live close to the beach, we only live close to a lake. The closest beach to us is about 25 minutes away. We always go to lakes when we want to go swimming.

1. alka September 14, 2011 at 1:39 pm |

This was to Thomas

16. Hans K. September 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm |

My community is a just my neighborhood, Old Northeast. It is a nice calm private area, a lot my friends live in the neighborhood; my house also has a huge lot. The community is also probably a minute walk from the bay.

Somebody driving in my community should definitely go to the beach we have great sand and nice refreshing water.

If I could go anywhere I would choose Nantucket, I was born in Boston and I love Cape Cod and the Nantucket sound, its great for sailing and just relaxing at the beach.

17. Mac G September 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm |

1. My community is right on the water. This is great for fishing and boating and water sports. It is a lot of fun to wake board which is my favorite water activity. I just recently received my boating license.
    2. If you ever visit my part of Florida, you should definitely plan on coming during Mardi Gras and visit the path that all the boats go by. This is a great place to visit because it is very fun to catch and throw beads to the people passing on the boats.
    3. If I could live for travel anywhere I would live in Narnia! This is because I would like to be a slave of the White Queen.

1. Veronica Brigantine September 21, 2011 at 9:56 am |

That’s so cool! I live on a seven mile island on the coast of New Jersey, so I live a couple of blocks from the beautiful beaches. I’m not a surfing person but I enjoy boogie-boarding and swimming! In the summer we have a bunch of visitors!
      If you come to Brigantine, New Jersey I personally think you should visit in the summer so you can enjoy the beautiful shore! You’ll never want to leave !!!
      If I could travel anywhere I would like to travel to Florida because I never went there before !

18. Jared September 14, 2011 at 2:27 pm |

I think the community I live in is a great place because there are so many beaches. It’s a great place to hang out in the sun, knee board and even ride a boat. The water is very clear. If you are not a water person there is plenty to do on land like go to the museums, the zoo, and skate parks.

If someone were driving through here I would point out the Ray’s stadium. There is tons of stuff to do there such as batting in the batting cage, pitching in the pitching simulator, eat, watch the game, and play games.

If I could visit anywhere I would visit California. I would love to ride my ATV on the parks there. There are a lot of highly rated tracks there. The track I really want to go to is Penny Pines. I would also like to learn to surf.

19. Julie September 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm |

What I believe is great about our community is that it is always very pretty and sunny outside mostly all year around. Also is that Allot of neighborhoods and places in Florida have water surrounding them and that is very pretty and cool also.

If some one were to drive in my area for a day I would tell they to go to St. Pete beach. The water is really pretty and they might even see some fish, and get a tan while they are there.

If I could travel any were in the world I would go to Hawaii I have never been but have here so much about it and really want to go. I would go there because I think it would be really pretty and cool to see the waves, beach and volcanos.

20. Chisom September 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm |

I think one thing that’s great about Florida, or my community is that it;s summer all year long. We never really having a cold enough winter for heavy snow jackets and hats. We can go swimming practically anytime. Also, there are beaches everywhere and they’re only a few minutes away
    .
    If you were coming to Florida, you have to visit the beaches. They are gorgeous The water is blue and clear. The warm sand between your toes and the sun beating down is a to die for experience. You would also have to pass by the theme parks. Adventure Island and Busch Gardens are steps away (from each other). They are so much fun. I love the roller-coasters and the water slides. I also love going tubing.

My dream destination would be Europe. Specificity, France, Italy and Britten. I would love to taste the food in Italy. The culture in France would be interesting to learn about. I wish I could see the surroundings of Britten. Learning about the world around us/me fascinates me. Those places would definitely be hot spots.

21. Chase R. September 14, 2011 at 3:23 pm |

The best thing about my community is that there is so much to do. You can go miniature golfing, go-carting, bowling, play tennis, go to the beach, play Airsoft or go to Busch Gardens. We also have great weather that makes all these things more fun and enjoyable. Personally, my favorite things to do are tennis, miniature golfing and Airsoft. Miniature golf is like real golf but has a smaller course with more obstacles. Airsoft is a game like paintball but not as messy. You use metal or plastic guns that shoot plastic beads and have different objectives. The objectives are to shoot the other team, every man for themselves, capture the flag and hold a base.
    If someone were driving through my community they should definitely go to Busch Gardens. Busch Gardens has many roller coasters, water rides, animals, restaurants and shows. There is something for the whole family. I also think they should go to the Trade Winds resort. There they can go swimming, go down the huge water slide and rent a paddle boat.
    If I could live anywhere, I would live in Rome, Italy. I would live there because it is a cool city that has great food and amazing landscape. It also has a lot to do.

22. Charlotte September 14, 2011 at 3:29 pm |

I love how everyone in St.Petersburg, FL is really friendly. The town is small so it feels like you know everyone you see. My most favorite thing about my community is that wherever you are, you’re never too far from the beach.

The best place you would want to go if you had one day in St.Petersburg, FL is the beach. The beach is beautiful and there’s so much to do there like sailing, fishing, surfing, body boarding, skin boarding, and of course swimming.

If I could live anywhere it would be Maine. I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard that’s it’s beautiful. I love the beach so I never want to be to far away, but I would love some cool northern air. I’ve never been one who likes the heat. I just also like change, especially in scenery.

23. Jake M. September 14, 2011 at 3:39 pm |

My community is great because I am right on the water. Also I live on a cold a sack so I don’t have to watch out for cars because barely any come done my street. Also I love being able to go to so many sports games.

Well if someone was coming I would take someone to a secret cove in my canol. It has a lot of fish and is really cool. Also it is an amazing fishing spot for fun.

IF I could live anywhere I would live in Buffalo, Newyork. I would live in Buffalo because it is my favorite place in the world. When I was a kid I lived there and I loved it. I love snow and the cold weather.

24. Shannon September 14, 2011 at 3:51 pm |

What’s great about my community is that St. Petersburg has so much to offer like shops, offices, restaurants, sports fields, and preforming arts facilities all in basically the same area. We have so much to do in St. Petersburg, and that is one of the reasons that I love it.

If someone visited St. Petersburg, they would definitely want to go to the beach. I know Washington is on the Pacific Ocean, but the water may be cold or the temperature may be cold. In Florida, our beaches are nice and warm, and the water is the perfect temperature. Plus, the sunset is beautiful.

If I could travel anywhere, it would be Ireland. I’m Irish, and I would think it would be neat to see where some of my ancestors were from. Also, it is beautiful there with the bright green grass and the majestic cliffs. I would love to visit the Shannon River, for which I am named, too.

25. Sammy L. September 14, 2011 at 4:11 pm |

I think my community is special and is a great environment. There’s friendly people, bueatiful landscape, and an easy laid back atmosphere. St. Petersburg is fun there’s absolutly no better place to be.

If I were to take someone somwhere in my community I would take them to the beach. Florida’s known for its beaches. There’s calm rolling waves to drift in, warm sand, and great sun spots. A day at the beach is a day filled with nothing but fun.

If I could live anywhere in the world I would live in Pawleys Island. It’s a non-commercial beach in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The Island is dotted with beaches that have lots of character, the pier, soft sand, and is lined with cool blue water. Absolute heaven. Behind the beach houses is the creek where you may, kyak, boat, and swim. The only other things on the island are a chapel and pelican Inn. When I’m at Pawleys all I do is relax, swim, and read books on the beach.

26. Cai September 14, 2011 at 4:43 pm |

1. I live in a very nice community. It is very clean. All the people there are nice. We have a pond in the middle of our neighborhood. It has a big fountain that shoots up really high. In my neighborhood there are a lot of nice houses.

2. If someone were visiting my community I would definitely tell them to visit Tropicana field for a Rays game. Going to Rays games are one of my favorite things to do. I love watching the Rays crush every other MLB teams.

3. I would visit New York (in the winter). I have gone to New York many other times but I would go again in the winter so I could see snow. I have never seen snow. I would love to peg my sister with snowballs.

27. Edgar September 14, 2011 at 4:44 pm |

St. Pete is a great from when you come you first see it to when you are leaving. There are great hotels and restaurants. When you drive you can find many different types of restaurants like Italian and Indian to name a few.

If you drive through then you should visit the restaurant Moon Under Water. They have both Italian and Indian food. Also go to the Dali Museum it is very cool. It is a marvel of engineering with the glass.

I would travel to somewhere in Alaska. There is lots of snow and still a lot of sunshine. Alaska has mountains that I would like to ski down and after learning how to snowboarding. In the summer I would swim, kayak, and read.

1. Edgar September 14, 2011 at 4:45 pm |

I forgot the comas around,” …after learning how to…”

28. Zack September 14, 2011 at 4:50 pm |

1. The first thing that comes to mind when most people think of Florida is HOT. I cannot disagree at all. Florida can get extremely hot and very humid, especially in the Summer and the Fall. However, there are numerous advantages to living in my community. First, unlike many other places, Florida has lots of beaches. Almost wherever you go, a beach is nearby. I like to skim board and play football and pass a soccer ball on the beach. On average, I probably go to the beach at least once a week during the summer. Our community is not nearly as crowded as many places I have visited. It is rather large, but not too many people, so the traffic is not very backed up mostly. The particularly warm weather leads to lots of swimming in pools and the ocean and perfect Winters. During Winters, the weather is cool and pleasant, sometimes even rather chilly.

2. Honestly, I think it depends on the person that is visiting to determine where they should go. If they live somewhere where it’s almost always cold, I suggest they head out to the beach. Florida is known for their extraordinary beaches where you can find great shells and have fun skim boarding, wakeboarding, knee boarding, tubing, or just hanging out in the sun. If someone is coming to my community from somewhere with a similar climate, there are still many places that I would recommend visiting. Busch Gardens is a place that I love to go to. It is an amusement park that has lots of roller coasters and attractions, shows, a water park, a train, and much more. It is very big, and a great place to just hang out at.

3. If I could go anywhere I think I would go to New Zealand. I’m not sure why, but New Zealand has always sounded like a peaceful and exotic place. It looks really cool. The weather always seems nice and pleasant and cool there. However, the flight to New Zealand is really long, so without that long flight, it seems like a really cool place to visit.

29. Olivia R September 14, 2011 at 4:54 pm |

The community of St. Petersburg is so nice! You get the best of the both worlds. A piece of the city and the beach. In down town St. Pete there are high-rise apartments, shops, restaurants, and all sorts of attractions. On the other side of town, St. Pete Beach is available for swimming, boating, and just hanging out at the beach. I love my community!

If someone were driving through our area for one day they should visit multiple places. One place they should visit is the Pier. The Pier is a really cool building filled with little shops, restaurants, and a small aquarium. From the windows, you can see the Gulf of Mexico. Another place they should visit is St. Pete Beach. This beach is a family friendly beach with beautiful white sand. You can have a fun adn relaxing time at this beach. If you like roller coasters and water slides, I would suggest Busch Gardens or Adventure Island. They are both fun attractions to go to! If you want a taste of the city, I would suggest going to down town St. Pete. There are a lot of fun restaurants, museums, and parks to go to.

If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would want to go to Greece. The water is extremely clear and pretty. Also, it is the birthplace of the Olympics. I would love to learn about the Greek culture and more about Greek mythology. I really want to visit the ruins of the ancient temples and sail through the crystal clear water.

30. Josh M. September 14, 2011 at 4:59 pm |

In my community there is a beautiful view of the water in my backyard. There are also many fun parks to go visit to in my community plus a beach to go play on. In my backyard there is a pool which I like to swim in on hot summer days. On the colder days I can use the hot tub which is also connected to my pool. The places I would want someone to visit in my area the park to climb trees, run around, play football, and have fun. I would also want to visit some of the local museums. The one imagined place I would want to visit is Atlantis. I consider Atlantis as the eighth continent and it has always been my dream to go there.

31. Carter September 14, 2011 at 5:31 pm |

What I like about my community,is the people. they are very open minded and friendly. Plus the weather never gets too cold ( but definitely too hot).

If someone where coming to Tampa Bay, I would recommend Busch Gardens, a spectacular amusement park. I would also recommend the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, home of a dolphin that has a prosthetic tail, unlike like any other dolphin in the world.

One thing about me is that I love roller coasters. So if I could go anywhere on earth, I would go to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey to ride the Kingda Ka, the tallest roller coaster in the world!

32. Reynolds@hds September 15, 2011 at 1:18 am |

Hi im am part of the quad blogging group and i hope of hearing more comments from you.

33. immyjimmy September 15, 2011 at 1:36 am |

hi everyone i am immyjimmy i am from humphry davy i live in cornwall, praa sands it is amazing and it is write by the beach i love surfing have you ever been it is so much fun

34. liviyHDS September 15, 2011 at 1:37 am |

hello,, my name is liviy, and i go humphry davy school…!! by the sounds of it where you live seems to be pretty kool..!! i mean you pretty much have rollercoasters next door to you compared to me… i have to take a nine hour journey to get to a great place called thorp park from where i live..!! and juping through water falls thats well kool… persionly i would prefer to stick to what i do which is juping of lighthouse and pier.. its so fun… i hope we blog soon… 🙂

1. Neha R. September 15, 2011 at 1:39 pm |

Wow! That sounds really cool! I would love to jump off of lighthouses ,and piers ,and through waterfalls!

35. simoneHDS September 15, 2011 at 1:39 am |

hello,, my name is simone and i go to humphry davy school … !!! and i like your blog it seem pretty kool.. !! were you live well you have rollercoasters like next door to you pretty much unlike me it take ages to get to somewere pretty kool..!! i hope you blog soon… 🙂

36. SammyW September 15, 2011 at 11:45 am |

Aside from the unbearable heat, I like my community. Open your backdoor and you have pretty good fishing, boating, and water-sports. My favorites are wake-boarding, water skiing, knee boarding and SUPing (stand-up paddle boarding) When you get out on the water and have the salty sea spray fly in your face every time you hit a wave, it’s something you can’t miss.

If somebody visited St. Petersburg, well at least what I think is they should definitely go out on the water and just go fishing, wake-boarding, whatever. Although the best thing in my opinion is to take up to the skies and fly along the beaches and see the coast and the beautiful sunset.

If I could live anywhere it would definitely have to be Hobart Tasmania, AUS, home of Sea Shepperd, an environmentalist group that every year takes its three ships down to the Antarctic and battle a war against the Japanese Whalers to save the lives of endangered whales. Besides that, Tasmania is home to the endangered Tasmanian devil, and has beautiful scenery and wildlife. Amazing clear, clean and fresh open waters and incredible skiing and awesome weather. No doubt, I’m going back to Tasmania!

37. Holly Mc. September 15, 2011 at 4:15 pm |

What’s great about my community is that there are so many places to visit. The baseball stadium is a 15 minute drive from my house, school is so close and I have a school friend in my neighborhood. There are also a lot of trees in my neighborhood.

The places anyone should visit when they’re in Saint Petersburg is the Dali Museum, the beach, the Ray’s stadium and our school.

Now, if I could live anywhere in the whole entire world, it would probably be in Paris on the top floor of an apartment building with an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower or in Tokyo city.

38. Kylie H. (BNMS) September 21, 2011 at 10:04 am |

I live on a small island off the coast of New Jersey. It’s about 6 miles long, and surrounded by ocean, and bay. In the summer, it’s the place to be! There’s tons of people down, and no matter where you are, you have an ice cream shop near by! The beach are packed from 10 a.m. to 530 p.m. I love living here !

39. Julia September 28, 2011 at 3:55 pm |

Hi Kylie H! I think that where you live sounds very pretty. I have a friend in New Jersey, but she lives in Summit. Have you heard of it? Great blog post by the way!

40. Channing October 14, 2011 at 10:24 am |

In our community everybody is really nice and friendly. Everyone also lives really close to each other. You have your friends from school and people that have lived in Florida for awhile living around you. Another good thing about our community is that you are surrounded by water. My friends and I always go tubing, water skiing, and wake boarding. 

If someone was driving through our community they should defently stop at the beach. The beach is  really fun. You can jump the waves, surf, and and so much more. My family and I go to the beach a lot to just chill and have a good time.  

If I could travel anywhere it would probably be Australia. Australia has always been a place that my family and I have wanted to visit. Ever since I was little I’ve  wanted to go there. I also thought it would be a cool adventure to go see the Great Barrier Reef and go zip-lining.

Skip to toolbar