Tech in Schools? Yes or No

technology

technology by Rista

Technology is all around us. Kids text and use social media like Facebook to continuously keep in touch with friends. Some teens don’t even worry about getting their drivers license because the internet keeps them connected with their friends; they don’t need to “meet up” all the time in the physical world because the virtual world keeps them connected.

What about schools? Should schools include technology? Is it important to students? February 1st was Digital Learning Day.  Should students use technology in school?

Bookmark and Share

33 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. lamjo61 February 6, 2012 at 10:21 am |

I think that we should have technology in our school because I think that it would help students more with their work. Kids don’t like to read books all the time. They usually like to be on Ipads and Ipods and some times phones. If we were able to use technology it would
    give students a chance to bring their electronics to school. Not all teachers agree that bringing technology to school is a good idea. Most think that it would just distract the students from their learning, but they don’t look at the good things that students could do with technology. For example, you could use technology to search whatever you want on Google. For instance, you could look up videos, pictures, poems, quotes or about anything else you can imagine. In our class we’re going to make a memory video and we’re going to need videos, poems and pictures. It would be a lot easier with technology.

Don’t you think so?

1. Paul February 9, 2012 at 6:27 am |

Eagles,
      I believe that technology is very very helpful. However in my opinion, we should use the schools stuff and the school’s stuff only.
      Sincerely,
      Paul

1. rees81 February 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm |

Schools materials are used for only school. It is very helpful in meny ways like if you get into a car crash. thank you paul
        sincerely,
        rees81

2. may81 February 14, 2012 at 2:38 pm |

Hey Lamjo,

Yes I think that it would be a lot easier with technology to search up things like poems, pictures, videos, quotes, and all those other things that you have named. But I think that it would be a good thing to have technology at our schools because we wouldn’t do anything with them.

2. chandler February 9, 2012 at 6:26 am |

Hi this is Chandler. I think it is a very good idea to have technology in school. We recently got some laptops and they are very helpful but I think that we should all have our own laptops. If we had our own it would make school fun and easier.

3. Tyler February 9, 2012 at 6:27 am |

Hello Eagles,

I think that schools should do more to use technology for educational purposes. I think that schools should balance technology and traditional education. You may visit my blog at tylerscs16.edublogs.org.
    -Tyler

4. Krayton February 9, 2012 at 6:28 am |

Hey Eagles,
    I think it is very important to have technology in our schools. This year our school bought 20 new laptops. We have been able to connect with the world and become “geniuses”. Many of us also have iPads, iPods, or iPhones. I think we should also be able to use these, because there are so many great apps to use. -Krayton

1. Quill February 13, 2012 at 11:38 am |

Dear Krayton,
      First off thanks for taking the time to read our posts and commenting. We enjoy other peoples feedback or responses.
      -Quill

2. Quill February 13, 2012 at 11:43 am |

Dear Krayton,
      First off thanks for taking the time to read our posts and commenting. We enjoy other peoples feedback or responses. I think it would be cool to get new laptops at our school. But in writing class we have 9 brand new Mac desktop computers. They are fun use. What kind of laptops did your school get? It was nice talking Krayton hope to hear soon!
      -Quill

3. tish81 February 14, 2012 at 2:33 pm |

Dear Krayton,

I totally agree with you!I think technology is very important for schools to have! 🙂 I think schools should let us use i pads i pods and i phones, they let you explore technology and learn many things. They could also be very new to certain people. Our school has all new very nice Mac books. Our teacher got i pads and they are very awesome to use! They are amazing. What kind of lap tops did your school receive?

Thank you for replying on our blog it means alot!

~ Tish 81~ 🙂

5. Vanessa February 9, 2012 at 6:28 am |

Dear Eagles,
    I think technology in school systems is a great idea. It helps us learn in many different ways. We can use it to explore different ways of doing things, and we can also have some fun.
    Technology is improving every day. We learn lots of knew ways how to use it.
    I think that laptops, ipads, and sometimes ipods are a great way to help learning. Learning should be fun, and technology helps make it even more fun. -Vanessa
    http://vanessascs16.edublogs.org/

1. Kimy71 February 13, 2012 at 11:42 am |

Vanessa
      I totally agree with you. Technology is great to use and you can have fun typing also. I am typing this to ket you know that I am having fun typing, School wouldn’t be fun without technology. I agree with you and thanks for commenting,

6. Jaci February 9, 2012 at 6:28 am |

Hey Eagles,
    I think technology is very important in school. The internet is fast and easy to use, also it is a great way to connect with others.
    -Jaci

7. Grace February 9, 2012 at 6:30 am |

Ms. Edwards, I think that we should to be able to use technology in school. There still has to be a limit of the usage so people aren’t always on their phone or iPod and other stuff like that. I do like the idea, but feel like people would take advantage of the privilege.
    ~Grace

8. Becca February 9, 2012 at 6:30 am |

I think that schools should let children have laptops and other technology. It would be way easier to have technology with students because then you would have the internet right at your finger tips. They will be able to do educational assignments and we could learn so much more in just 1 class period. The teachers could also check things online too. Yes I think there should be able to have technology in schools!

9. Justin February 9, 2012 at 6:31 am |

Dear Ms. Edwards,
    Yes, I think that all schools should have technology. It helps your brain to start thinking. I know that the lab tops at my school help our whole school a lot.

10. Shiann February 9, 2012 at 6:31 am |

Hello Eagles,
    I agree with you that technology should be used in our schools. It does help a lot. In our school we have 20 laptops and 2 I-pads that we use. Technology is a big part of our world today and we need it to keep up with the world. The world is moving forward and we can’t be left behind in the dust.
    It makes it easier to keep in touch with the world and it makes it easier to connect with other people in the world. I support technology 100%.
    ~Shiann

11. christina February 9, 2012 at 6:33 am |

Dear Eagles,
    I think we should have technology in our schools. Technology is very helpful for projects and other things. I am very thankful that my school has technology , because without it I would have a lot more trouble with working on projects.

1. rista February 13, 2012 at 11:41 am |

I think that you are right christina,having technology at schools is fun and easy and without it we would have lots of trouble.

2. kimy71 February 13, 2012 at 11:58 am |

Christina,
      I agree with you and I also think technology is very helpful for project and other things because my class does projects all the time. It would be a lot more trouble with working on projects. I like having technology and am very grateful for it to be in my classes.
      Sincerely,
      Kimy

3. Run81 February 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm |

Dear christina,

Thank you for commenting to us and I hope you like what you do on your computers. I like that you said that ”we would be in a lot more trouble if we did not have technology”. And yes I to also think that school should have computer if they do need them,I an also thankful that my school has technology. And I hope you can reply back.

12. Meghan February 9, 2012 at 6:33 am |

Ms. Edwards,
    I think we should be allowed to have technology in school if it is helping us learn. If we are messing around with it like playing games or texting then I don’t think we should be allowed to have technology in school.
    -Meghan

13. Andrew February 9, 2012 at 6:38 am |

Hello Eagles,
    I think that we should have Technology in school. Our school has 2o laptops and 2 iPads for the students to use. Being able to use technology in school changes our learning of things and makes it more interesting. I think the technology that students should be able to use would be laptops and iPads. These pieces of Technology can help us learn, make learning better, more fun, and it also can give us more up to date information then some books.

~Andrew

1. alka81 February 14, 2012 at 2:39 pm |

Dear Andrew
      You are right all schools should have computers and technology because it helps people learn, look up stuff and it is fun if you are doing the right thing.

14. Jason February 9, 2012 at 6:39 am |

I think that technology in schools will be a god thing for the schools. It would be good because alot of kids have technology. Kids might do more things because it’s on different things then on a piece of paper. So that is what I think about this post.

Sincerely,
    Jason

1. Quill February 13, 2012 at 11:49 am |

Dear Jason,
      I agree with your reasons especially “because alot of kids have technology”. That is so true, many children have technology at home and are use to the kinds of things like surfing the web, using the tool that you are able to use for help. Many kids are familiar to these things. Also when on the computer and you have to type a story, you can use a certain type of font that goes with the story.
      I am glad you took the time to comment on our posts jason!
      -quill

15. Paris February 9, 2012 at 6:52 am |

Hello Eagles,
    I think that we should have technology in our schools. I think laptops are one technology that we should have, but I think that we should all own our own. Right now, we only have so many laptops. When we need one, there is a chance that they might be checked out by another class.
    -Paris

1. Kimy71 February 13, 2012 at 11:35 am |

Paris,
      I agree and thank you for posting and having a positive comment

16. kimy71 February 13, 2012 at 11:48 am |

I think Technology is great and a good use to our school. There are lots of computers, ipads, ipods, and more in our school that we use to do work. Our school wouldn’t be the same if we didn’t have technology. I enjoy typing in writing class, playing math games in math class, and fun activities in computer class. I am grateful to have technology.

17. yawn81 February 14, 2012 at 2:40 pm |

yes I think that Technology is a big part of our world because:
    1.it builds everything from food to transportation from thumb tacks to school suplies.
    2.for most kids and adults it can be all in their world they will sit in their room and text or game out.
    3.But it also dose some good or great it ether keeps a person alive long enough to say their final words or saves their lives.
    goodbye

18. Mrs. Meyer(Brigantine) March 12, 2012 at 8:06 am |

Hi Nespelem!
    We miss blogging with you and your classes. We have been busy working on a campaign to Save The Orangutan. Technology was a huge part of the program. If you have some time, please visit our orangutan blog at http://projectorangutan.edublogs.org
    to see what we have been doing and why we want everyone to join in the fight to keep the orangutan from becoming extinct in the wild. Thank you. We hope you are having a great year!

Skip to toolbar