24 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. sekine April 1, 2011 at 10:52 am |

YOU should go to the long house.The long house is where people have funerals and other things like the root feast.

You should go to Chief Joesph’s grave. And our new rest area with a statue of Chief Joesph .And meet our school.The climate is good in spring and summer.Its kinda cold in the winter and fall,and you should dress how you want to.

2. alka81 April 1, 2011 at 1:44 pm |

The first thing I would show to Miss W. is the community center because she might be a athlete and could do a game with people that we know. After the community center we could go to the Senior center so Miss W. could meet my elder and get to know my grandma.
    It is in the United States in the north west in Washington State.
    Our community is different because we are the ones that has big towns and countrys and large desert,grass land and tall mountains.
    Miss W. it is fine to speak as english.
    We only do this for fun like what up or otago.
    July is the best time because on 7/4 you get to see the colorful fire works.
    It is fine what you are wearing.

3. Ayming51 April 18, 2011 at 9:27 am |

I recommend they go to Video Store. The best time to visit Video Store would be any day of the year! Video STore is located off to the left side of the highway on the corner of Video Store Blvd. In other words in right across the street from the turn-in to get up to the school. It’s a big-ish blue old building with a red tin roof and some kind of old poster or drawing in the middle of the building on the top.There’s usually people standing or sitting on his porch at a table on the front porch. What we do there is we buy monsters, nachos, slush-puppies, pop, and candy. Video Store is a little store. Darcy owns it. It’s important to me because Darcy makes the best chili and cheese nachos! I remember one time i walked down to video store with my two best friends and their brother, and we all bought large nachos, big monsters, and we stacked up on candy.( : That was a good day!

4. naner51 April 18, 2011 at 9:29 am |

Alritey, My community type deal is small. Like everywhere you look you see a hill or grass that’s about to die or already dead. One place I recommend you visit is Video Store. I like the nachos and skittles but they have good drinks anyway. The next place I would want you to visit would be the powwow grounds during July. During July 4th they have like a party but people go there and camp and eat and to meet up with people. Another awesome place is the stampede grounds haha, it’s where people actually go there to go to the carnival and watch people dance and they buy food and all sorts of cool things. Well if you ever do go there…or here then make sure to hit these spots up:)

5. nita April 18, 2011 at 9:31 am |

3. There’s not much for differences in our community.
    4. Get by with English.
    5. Not much really.
    6. I would say in the fall because mostly everyone is happy because school just started.
    7. I would say don’t bring flip flops, bring shoes. Also just bring a sweater or jacket.

6. dragan April 18, 2011 at 9:32 am |

Our town is a small town and you can get to know everyone and everyone is really nice. But there ain’t much to do here except when we have celebrations.
    4.You can get by with English.
    5.Not much
    6.I think SUMMER! summer is the best time to come here! it’s really fun here, we have celebrations, we have rodeos,fairs, and festivals! which are really fun!
    7.No there is no special clothing you need to wear! Well depends on the seasons.. like summer you dress less, and for winter you dress warmer..

7. tinfoil April 18, 2011 at 9:35 am |

If you were to come here, I recommend you go to Video Store and buying chilli cheese Nachos(Large), and a Slush Puppie(large). That’ll keep you happy until the Slush Puppy and the Nachos are all gone. How to get there is follow Highway until you see a gas station — go across the street and there’s Video Store.

Another place I recommend is Mineral Hill. Great place to ride ATV’s and Dirt-bikes. Bring a lot of gas or gas money, some mixed gas too in case your bike takes mixed. What to mix gas with, I don’t know, you’ll have to ask a bike rider that puts gas in, I don’t do that, I just ride. how to get there is follow the highway until you see Video Store then turn left, go past the school, follow that road and you’ll see a sign that says “NO DUMPING”– turn on that road; it’s on the right side of the road, and there you are… Mineral Hill.

8. Stenda51 April 18, 2011 at 9:41 am |

My community is a small town but it’s okay.There is hardly anything to do or unique .If you ever came to here to visit or what not you don’t need to know any languages because most of us speak English.I think the best time to visit is during the summer because you can go to the local lakes and go swimming or just chill and get a tan. Buffalo would be good place to swim because it has many spots to swim;you can just park and go jump in the water.

Another place I think would be great is our store. I think it would because if you’re low on gas for your car/truck you can pay inside then go when it’s done filling up. Also you can get food,snacks,refreshments if your thirsty or hungry.Also they have friendly service when you go to the check out aisles.I usually go to the stor eto get a power-ade for a $1.00, maybe a candy bar too.:)

The best place i would go to during the day is the Community Center.I would like to go there during the afternoon till 9:00 so I can run my energy out so that way I’ll be able to sleep.I think the center is great because you can hang out with your friends like it’s a mall or something .Also you can workout in the weight room and burn calories on the treadmill,you can go to the basketball court and play basketball you don’t know or you want to know.It’s a fantastic place.You can even meet people so you can have friends everywhere.It’s like having Pen Pals.

9. Kimy71 April 18, 2011 at 12:29 pm |

A place you would have fun at is the lake. You take a right after the smallest town on the highway going north. Then take the road that says to the lake. After you follow the signs that say lake. I go up there all the time during the summer. I have a blast. I learned to do a back dive off the dock. The second time I did it, I did a back flip and came back and hit the dock. There is a lot you could see and do. For example, if you were to look at the mountains around the lake then you could see wild horses. When I was at the lake swimming, a moose walked by the lake and there was a lot of kids watching it go by. It isn’t that far for my family and I to drive up there. If you gals went there you would have a lot of fun. It could be like a happy place for you.

From
    Kimy

10. rista April 18, 2011 at 12:30 pm |

The first place that I would show Miss.W is the creek across from the gas station and video store. It’s water is smooth and sounds like a silent echo of swishing. It calms me down and makes me feel relaxed. Once last year I went there to escape the attack of my annoying brothers. Also last year our class went there to study wildlife.You can go swimming, fishing, and go look for crawdads. Another time we went there to pick up garbage and saw a police officer looking for a bear! It is really fun there.

11. rater71 April 18, 2011 at 12:34 pm |

I go to the community center to work out, play basketball, play football, or come and watch the mixed martial arts fights. I’ts brown and it has a sign that says “community center”on it. I watch TV and play pool.It is important to me because I want to get better at basketball.

12. loudy April 18, 2011 at 12:38 pm |

The place that i would show you is the 4th of July grounds. Its right by the community center but right ahead of it. It used to be a big white tent there but now there’s a pavilion, right on top of the pavilion is a eagle with a snake in its talons and the roof is blue. That’s where all the people dance during the powwows that go on here. My family never went to the powwows there because they always have it in the community center. Hopefully om the 4th of July they will have the powwow there so all the people can come and dance and celebrate also they will get to play stick games all night. all the people might come from nespelem, omak,and yakama or other places. So the 4th of July grounds is one place i recommend you to come and visit.

13. quill April 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm |

When your heading north on Highway you should take a left them you will find a building that says “Community Center”. You should go there (if you like basketball) because it has a basketball court downstairs. That’s not all, it also has a pool table, air hockey, a workout room, a playground, oh and TV. If you like basketball they have open gym all day from Monday through Friday. But when a lot of people show up and play games is around 5:00pm to 8:00pm. It’s nice to be there during the summer time because after you leave there, you can go to Buffalo Lake. But I will talk about that some other time.

14. vinick April 18, 2011 at 12:44 pm |

The first place I would show Miss W. is spring canyon because it is a beautiful sight in summer or spring and down here in Nespelem it is now as a national site to Chief Joesph, leader of the Nez perce tribe.

15. rocke71 April 18, 2011 at 12:47 pm |

One of the things I would show Miss.W is Buffalo Lake at Eagle Cove. I would show her Buffalo Lake at Eagle Cove because she might like to swim. The second, place I’d take Miss.W to see is the Community Center. I’d take miss.W to the Community Center and play glow-in-the-dark-tag with my cousins, step-dad Dan (the Community Center’s director), and I. We buy alot of glow-sticks and flash-lights so we can find our way around the building. Then we turn all of the lights off in the Community Center and hide! The third, place I would take her is the ball-field to play some soft-ball.

16. bemo71 April 18, 2011 at 12:47 pm |

In summer August 12th is the best time to go for the famous suicide race. It is where riders on horses run down a big hill and race to the arena. When you are on the highway you pass the market and then take a right after the bridge. It looks like an enormous hill with a river below the hill. I usually watch it and then go to the powwow. When that’s over I go to the tipi and sleep. It is important to me because my relatives did it, but I can’t name all of my relatives. And in the powwow, my cousins and grandma dance in it. It’s definitely the place to be in August.

17. rickle April 18, 2011 at 1:33 pm |

One place is the Chief Joseph rest area. To get there you go on the highway. Go until you see the “Chief Joseph Rest Area ” I like to do no-handers down the little hill where you park. On another hill I do no-handers at about 20-35 m.p.h. I like it because I think I could beat a car coasting down the hill!

18. May April 18, 2011 at 1:34 pm |

We are learning to revise and elaborate our writing. We learned to add experiences called anecdote. Here is my revision about the park.

If you have ever been to our community and know most places then I probably won’t have to tell you much. But if you haven’t been here then I will have to tell you a lot about this town.

The town of our community may look gross and not good looking, but it’s still a fun place to live on. But I go to the park most of the time because there is a big place that you can run in for exercise. You should go there because you get to swing, climb on the monkey bars, seesaw on the teeter totter, climb on tires, climb on these stairs, and then go slide down the pole. Bye.

Sincerely-
    May
    P.S. Sorry if it’s not good spelling or no pictures taken otherwise I would have taken some pictures.

19. aly81 April 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm |

I am going to tell you about The Falls! So, if you need to know were The Falls is, then here you go… You take a left on the highway by the Community Center, and then drive about a mile, and then you should be able to see the water falling from the rocks.

The Falls looks so beautiful! There are a lot of big rocks and small around it. Also there is a cliff across from the Falls. So the way to get down there is you have to climb down the rocks! But I really don’t care about down there. I like to look at it from a distance; it is a really great and beautiful view. You can see the little stream and the mist coming from the waterfall.

Whenever I go there I do the same as everyone else. One time my dad climbed down the rocks over to the waterfalls and he was over there just just standing and smiling..it was cool!!

There’s a reason why it’s important to me, and the reason is because it’s a great place to have peace every once and a while. Also sometimes I just feel like looking at the Falls because I think of the beautiful place…I LOVE IT THERE!!!

20. run April 18, 2011 at 1:36 pm |

The best time to visit is the summer because it is nice and hot. You can go swimming wherever you want. We have three great lakes here. One time my sister Loudy found a turtle; it was a baby. What I do there is swim and go on a hike. The Lake is so pretty. It has lots of beautiful sounds like birds, waves, leaves, wind and other stuff. Some times you see eagles and turtles and bears.The reason why it is important to me is because you can go see things you never have seen before, and it is where I like to go.

21. tish81 April 18, 2011 at 1:36 pm |

Have you ever been to our community? Well, if not then here is the place to go. But only if you like small towns and NOT big cities.

The town of our community is in northeast part of our state. Our community is really small with not a big population. So if you ever want to come to our community you should come during the summer.

I think you should come to our community during the summer because the grass is green, the weather is nice and warm, and it is fun. It is fun because you can go swimming at the Lake. One time I was at the Lake we caught a bucket full of crawdads.

The first place I think you should visit is Town Hall because it has many things to do with our community. You can find information about our community and see pictures of history. Sometimes they give out suckers! Town Hall is in the middle of the town, right in front of the park.

The second place I think you should visit is our elementary school with not many students. We learn many things here and I love it. It is very important to me because this is were I learn and where all of my friends go to school.

And lastly I would recommend you to visit the Trading Post. It is a mini food market. I really think this is an important place because that is were everybody gets their food. So those are the reasons why you should come to our community.

22. ray April 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm |

If you ever come to our community you should come when we have the 4th of July at the Grounds by the Agency. We have bingo, and bingo takes about three to four days. After bingo we have a camp opening. Every camp has a dinner. We have a huge dinner. After the huge dinner we have a three to four day powwow. After the powwow I go to the community center. So come to the community during the Fourth of July Pow Wow.

Pow-Wow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kubina/855534304/ Flickr Creative Commons By Jeff Kubina

23. rees81 April 18, 2011 at 1:40 pm |

If you come to our community, you could make a bow and arrow. Here’s how to make a bow. First you find a maple tree and find a stick. Then you have string and a knife. Put a slit in both ends of the stick and put the string in the slits and make the string firm.

24. day81 April 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm |

If you come to our community you should come in the summer. You should go to one of our lakes. How to get there you go past the local highway and look for the sign that says Lake. At the Lake you could go swimming. Also you could go camping and you can also catch crawdads. Its a good place to bring your family. I remember when my brother threw me in when I was sleeping. That was a rude awakening.

Skip to toolbar